I hope you are all well and coping with the disruption the Covid 19 pandemic has brought to our lives. For me it has helped me to appreciate the little things I took so for granted. I am learning to count my blessings.
We are also learning how amazing technology is and on Monday the committee came together in a Zoom meeting to discuss the way forward for the club in the months to follow.
Authorities are expecting the virus to peak August, September. In light of this fact, the decision was taken to cancel all club rallies until October. It was felt that even sanitizing, keeping your distance and wearing a mask is not enough to protect members, of whom the majority fall into the high risk category. We will re-evaluate the situation closer to the time, taking into consideration that October month is usually our AGM.
This means that the convergence rally for 2020 is cancelled and we are waiting for a decision from the National committee as to their decision for next year.
With regards to the decision about the Lekkerbreek midweek in September, Marius says that we must wait and see how events unfold before making a decision.
We have kept a record of all deposits paid in respect of camps organised and cancelled. If you would like to be reimbursed please let me know and provide your bank details, or it can be held and deducted against future rallies.
The committee would value your opinion with regards to the above decisions.
It has come to my attention that many of the members are not aware that we have two whatsapp groups for the club. One is for business only and the other a social group. Please contact me should you wish to be added to the group. My details below.
012 664 2975
083 659 3065